Friday, July 06, 2007

Fourth of July Recap

Jim's parents and 2/3 brothers, and Gongke Shen made it up for the 4th of July holiday. We went to Kelly's along with Shannon (congrats to her for finishing her phD!). We also went to Sichuan bay, the Shen's restaurant in Somerville and had yummy spicy Chinese food. It was a food festival.
It was nice to see the Gouldstones, although I missed all the breakfasts because I slept in. The weather was okay, although cold at night when they got here. Then it drizzled rain on the 4th, but we went to see the fireworks anyway. It was the BEST view I've ever had of the fireworks, a full field of vision due to the lack of crowd! The fireworks were thunderous, and I was ecstatic. Pix coming ofcourse *wink*. We had just enjoyed ourselves with sushi and ice cream before, so we were quite happy. Despite the rain, I felt it was one of the best fireworks shows I've seen in years. I couldn't hear Mellencamp sing except for "Unchained Melody", but its due to our proximity to the fireworks. WHOAAA! Go America! Go Boston! NiCE! Of my favorites this year were the 3D cube, smiley face, and parachute lights. The other bifurcating tails and long-shimmer tails were also good, as were the slow motion trails. Simply amazing what fireworks can do.
Side Note: We could have done without the street drama later that evening, some kids had a rumble in front of the Biogen Path on Binney & Ames. They fled like ants when the cops came. I'm sure they made all the noise in homeroom. Kids today!

No comments: