Thursday, January 03, 2008

Tech Talk


I recently came across a description of my sleeve garment in this Tech Talk Article. The project was for BodyWear, in the Visual Arts Program. It was one of the coolest classes I've taken at MIT. I enjoyed meeting the other students from VAP, Architecture, and Regina Moeller's lectures. We were exposed to many cool fashion perspectives, including Lucy Orta and Merritt Oppenheim. The culmination was a design showcase, and everyone made unique clothes and accessories to demonstrate their ideas about new ways for fashion and technology intersect.

1 comment:

Ben Ostrowsky said...

Whoaaaa, cool! I love the idea of making dance accessible to people with vision disabilities. I guess we're still pretty far away from just tapping and recording the mirror neurons so I can feel what it's like for someone else to dance. But I'd love to see your audible dance suit available at prices most dance companies can afford!