Tuesday, June 12, 2007

End of May, June travels

sweet memories
Congratulations to the Class of 2007 Graduates! Particularly my 1W seniors, I will miss you all. Its such a nice time of year to reflect on how hard people worked, and how much they have achieved. Finals breakfasts are over, and so are finals! Its been nice to know you, my Stickmen, and I hope to hear great stories from you now and then. Carpe diem stickata. *sniffle*

I had to miss the graduation this year due to attending the NIME 2007 conference. I gave my paper to a terrific audience of fellow musicians/artists. There were many New Interfaces for Musical Expression-- and much of it was refreshing. The level of enthusiasm and mental energy in the work shown was quite high. I believe the Saturday jam lasted until near dawn...
I was also very pleased to have made the acquaintance of new friends and notable people from the field (from places like LOGOS, Penn, CMU, Stanford and Tufts-- you know who you are, I won't mention by name). It was terrific to see old friends and collaborators, and I enjoyed the brief moments, the sheer brilliance of some of the work I saw, and the enthusiastic crowd of conference goers. This year's conference was hosted at NYU at the ITP-- and it was a funky crowd. There were artists, hackers, and engineers and everyone was extremely psyched about their work,and psyched to see other people show their stuff. It even had a session on philosophy, which is normally absent from the other conferences I've attended. I will be posting my conference photos soon. NIME ROCKS. You should go.

No comments: