Tuesday, March 15, 2005

TUI Laboratory and Ken Camarata's Hand Body Room space

Today Orit and Rob invited me to critique the first presentations for Tangible User Interface Laboratory. I had a terrific time hearing the innovative tangible ideas from the students in the class, and am looking forward to seeing their final presentations and demos soon! What is very impressive is the depth of the project scenarios the students presented, especially with the small amount of time the students will have to get to a working demo. I think they are doing things right, though, and I believe they'll all have something working soon.

Afterwards, I got to meet Ken Camarata and hear his research talk on Hand, Body and Room Space. It was a inspiring talk about rapid prototyping physical interfaces.
Tomorrow I am planning to attend the Cisco talk, and hear about the future of networking... :)

No comments: