Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Fire on Franklin street

After taking my cough, sore throat, and sleepy draught medications, I am resting when I smell SMOKE. Peep out the window to see the building across the street on Fire, and flames licking the night sky as burning embers erupt from the top of its roof. It was a 3-4 story building with an asphalt roof, and I hope all the people in it are safe. We were evacuated due to smoke, so we got to walk around fire engines from Somerville, Brookline, down the street in Centra Square. A 1/2 hour later, the cynosure flame is still going on 2 sides but luckily we were able to return home and rest. I can imagine how tough it must be for the families who lived there, and for the neighboring homes! Who would ever think a fire could be so big and erupt so quickly. We are very lucky it was not a blustery night! It's always something in Central Square...

No comments: