Sunday, July 20, 2003

Lazy Saturday

I woke up late, and stayed in bed finishing the Liveship traders trilogy I had been reading. I finally finished! It was great! Even better now that I've finished it. I read some of the other reviews and could only agree that it was a bit hard to get through the middle. My problem was that the characters had such tremendous hardships that it was, at times, discouraging to read about. After it was done, though, I admired the guts it took to write about such tough topics and also the heart of the outlook the book gave me on problems. Simply, there were highs and lows, and I was better for reading it. I couldn't help reading the bonus chapter for the Fool's Errand, her next book. We already have it, but I think I need a rest to think and ponder on the stuff that was in this trilogy. Hobb had a lot to say, and I think that the depth of the characters was so real that I actually felt their pains and triumphs.

Had lunch with Ian and Nick and Jim in front fo the city hall. We had chicken from the Rotisserrie house, and it was DELICIOUS. Later saw -- Terminator 3 -- and it was okay. I liked T2 so much better. I think it is hard to make a movie that would surpass it. Also, I thought the T-x looked kind of vapid, compared to Robert Patrick. Perhaps they miscast the characters. The girl from "My So Called Life" seemed smarter than John Connor, and John Connor looked really beatup all the way through. Arnold was good, as always, but that's about all that I thought was great. There were good chase scenes, and they did a lot of damage, but the cinematography wasn't as exciting as in T2... and the movie didn't have cool intros and exits (like T2). I guess it was good, but it wasn't great... then again, it is hard to live up to T2...

No comments: